Google has recently made it mandatory for users of embedded Google Maps to use an API.
More information can be found here on Google Developers Page.
In this post I’ll won’t go into detail why Google has made this change, instead I’ll just give you the Simple steps to get your own Google MAP API so your maps will begin to work again.
1. With your own Google Account credentials (your gmail and password),
Log into https://code.google.com/apis/console
2. Click on CREATE PROJECT
3. Give your Project a name, and then click on Create
4. Wait while Google Builds your project…
5. Go to APIs overview:
6. Click on Enable API
8. Click on Enable
9. Click on Go to Credentials
10. Click on API key
11. Click on Create
12. Wait a little while Google makes the API key for you… and then Copy the API Key and keep it in a safe place.
Use your Google Maps API Key in your Google Maps plugins, WordPress Themes, or give it to your trusted web developer. Don’t have a Trusted Website Developer? If you are located in the area of Albury/Wodonga (Australia) then contact us today. Always happy to help.