You’ve been in business for a few years or you are just starting out. You keep telling yourself, this year is going to be the year I’m going to get a website. But when you begin it becomes all to much. Confusion and uncertainty sets in and it becomes all to hard. Here’s a simple list to get you started towards a successful website.
10. Purpose. Without a purpose, your website will be a blank page, and a lot of wasted time. Truth being said, we wouldn’t start a project if this was the case.
Think about what the visitors to your website are doing. Are they looking for a solution to one of their problems? Your business could be their knight in shining armour, in all its glory, right there in front of them introducing your business (their solution) to them.
9. An intuitive design. Just as all motor vehicles have the basic controls in the same place, such as the accelerator and brake pedals, visitors to your website need to navigate it without confusion. They may have already found a solution already, but how inviting is a website when it’s easy to browse? While they are on your website, they get you know your business a lot better than any 30 second advert on another media source.
8. Great content. Precise to the point content with an easy to understand structure. About 300 to 600 words per page. Headings are noticeably defined and Catch the attention. Paragraphs are well laid out. When we receive your content, we will structure it out effectively to ensure easy legibility.
7. Quality pictures and videos. You have heard it before and here it comes again… Pictures are worth a thousand words. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_picture_is_worth_a_thousand_words
6. Mobile Compatible. A responsive designed website is so much easier to view on mobile devices. All of the websites we build are mobile responsive on mobile devices.
5. Websites built on a secure and stable platform. Since we only use WordPress, there’s nothing more to add. WordPress is the largest Content Management System (CMS) with over 24% of the top websites using it. And because of that, it’s a proven fact.
4. Local Presence. Having a website hosted locally in Australia provides some great advantages. First, you’re doing your bit to keep our economy rolling. Second, the speed your website loads is going to be as fast as it can, as there’s no long delay to wait for the website data to load from overseas. And last but not least, support is so much easier and a lot less frustrating when it’s as easy as picking up the phone. Google will favour a website hosted locally to the business’s address.
3. Website Promotion and Marketing. Advertising is expensive and huge budgets are needed to cram as much information into an advertisement as possible. Half the time but double the reward by promoting your website on more media, but for half the time.
2. Memorable website name. Your business name is going to be a lot more memorable than a 10 digit phone number. Advertise your website in all the media you advertise your business.
1. Local Web Designer. To help with your website updates, managing your online presence, computer problems or just to hang out with drinking coffee while talking about geek stuff…